Appraiser Training: Getting the most out of Colleague & Patient MSF at Appraisal
- Friday 16 March 2018
- The Village Hotel North, Otley Road, Headingley, Leeds, LS16 5PR
Half Day: 9.00am - 12.30pm
This course has been arranged in response to doctors, line managers/facilitators requests for an event to get the most out of colleague & patient multi source feedback. Multi source feedback from colleagues and patients is essential supporting information for a doctors portfolio in each revalidation cycle.
This course is designed to help participants refocus on the key skills of a medical appraiser and have opportunities to practice and evaluate those skills. Participants will also benefit from the chance to discuss personal experiences with other appraisers throughout the session. The course will be fast-paced and interactive, and designed to give participants practical tools to make their appraisals even more effective and enjoyable for appraiser and doctor.
After attending this course, delegate will:
- Be clear about the skills that they need to deliver robust and consistent appraisals (in particular the appraisal summary, the PDP and encouraging reflection and engagement)
- Have significant opportunities to practice those skills
- Receive some tailored personal feedback and advice on their use of those skills
- Have increased confidence in delivering effective medical appraisals for revalidation