Approved Clinician Induction
- Thursday 22 November 2018 to Friday 23 November 2018
Two Day Training
9am Registration, 9.30am Welcome and 4.45pm, Close (Both days)
This two-day course is accredited by the North of England Approval Panel (NEAP) and is valid for those attending from other parts of England. It is designed to deliver the necessary training to those who are able to demonstrate the required competencies and wish to take up the role of Approved Clinician.
After you have attended this course you will be able to:
- Understand the main provisions of the Mental Health Act 1983 as amended
- Understand more clearly the role and responsibilities of the Approved Clinician
- Appreciate the roles of other key professionals
- Develop a framework in which to consider clinical problems and dilemmas
Attendance at this course is only one part of the approval process for Approved Clinicians. Please contact your local S12/AC Administrator for full criteria for approval, and how to apply.
This course starts promptly at 9.30am and finishes at 4.45pm. You must attend the whole course to be entitled to a certificate of attendance which will be accepted as proof of completion of a Section 12 and/or Approved Clinician re-approvals course.
Comments from Previous Delegates:
"Most engaging and important session was the solicitor. It’s great to have this experience of his cases relayed through the COP"
"Good, interactive with practical learning"
"Had the opportunity to discuss several doubts"