Hearts and Minds
- Wednesday 16 October 2019
- The Met Hotel
King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HQ
Full Day Training
9am Registration, 9.30am Welcome and 4.30pm Close
Psychiatrists and other mental health professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the cardiac effects of the drugs that their patients are prescribed. Electrocardiographs (ECGs) are being regularly recommended in monitoring patients, but reading and interpreting them is skill that you may not have practiced for some time.
The conference is designed to improve your ECG skills and use them in practical scenarios. You will also receive an update on the cardiac effects of psychotropic medication and cardiac medication that many of our patients are currently prescribed.
This course aims to provide delegates with:
- Understand the effects of antipsychotic, antidepressant and other psychiatric medications of the heart
- Understand the effects of cardiocascular medications that psychiatric patients often take
- Have increased confidence and abilities in ready ECGs
- Be able to apply these skills in clinical settings
Please note that the Andrew Sims Centre has a Reservations and Cancellation Policy.
Book Event Online
Prices From: £125